- PPE Speaker Series: Autumn 2020 / Spring 2021. These events are part of a PPE Speaker Series, aimed to promote our new BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics & Economics programme starting next year, and will be followed by webinars in Autumn and Spring, starting from mid-October 2020 until mid-March 2021. The series will be moderated by the new PPE course leader Dr Ana-Maria Pascal and will include discussions with some of the book’s authors and contributors.
Please click here for more information.
- 10 September 2019: “Business Ethics and Human Rights, from Theory to Practice”. Research workshop – Chaired by Dr. Ana-Maria Pascal. In the context of on-going consultations around the proposed UN Treaty for transnational business and human rights, the debate has recently focused on hard v. soft law, or mandatory v. voluntary initiatives. This workshop will address the question of what works, in practice, to increase corporate accountability and support for human rights.
- 29 November 2018: “Business and human rights, from theory to practice: A philosophical look at the proposed UN Treaty” paper given at the Global Business and Human Rights research workshop, organized by the BHRights Initiative from Copenhagen Business School, at the OHCHR, Geneva. The event brought together EBEN members like Karin Buhmann, Aurora Voiculescu and Samantha Goethals, who shared their research findings on access to remedy and corporate human rights accountability. For a full agenda, please click here.
- 15 September 2018: “What next for Kiobel? Reflections on law and morality in contemporary discourse on business and human rights” paper given at the 4th Annual Conference of the Global and Human Rights Scholars Association at New York University Stern Center.
- 10 July 2017: “On Writing Books” – talk given at the annual Research Conference at Regent’s University London
- 16 June 2016: “On Integrity” talk given at the Values in Business workshop at Regent’s University London. More details about the event will be available soon.
- 29 February 2016: “Values in Theory and Practice” talk given at the Getting Values Across: Leadership in a Multicultural World seminar at Regent’s University London (UK). A transcript is available here.
- 1-3 October 2015: “Who cares whose Cars? Squaring the moral circle of business and human rights” paper given at the EBEN Research Conference 2015 – Philosophical Foundations of Business Ethics, Copenhagen (Denmark).
- 8-12 December 2014: “The Hunting Game in Hermeneutics: Memory and Desire in Interpretation” paper given at the fifth international conference of Phenomenological Organisations, Phenomenology and the Problem of Meaning in Human Life and History, Perth (Australia). More information here.
- 2 October 2010: Chair of the “Regimes of Liability” session at the AHRC Network meeting Holding Companies Accountable, Freie University, Berlin (Germany).
- 18 September 2009: “Corporate Criminal Liability in Romania” talk given at the international Network of Corporate Crime conference on European Developments in Corporate Criminal Liability, London.
- 18-19 October 2008, participation at the 5th Annual Oxford Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy.
- 30 May 2008: “Life-Long Learning” talk given at the European Council for Business Education’s annual conference, Bruges (Belgium).
- 9-11 November 2007, participation at the Institute for Human Sciences’ conference Conditions for International Solidarity, Vienna (Austria).
- 24-26 September 2007, participation at the Aesthetic Psychology and Philosophy conference, Department of Philosophy, Durham University (UK).
- 3 June 2005: “On the Notion of Purpose in our Professional Lives” talk given at the conference on Ethics and Integrity of Governance, Catholic University, Leuven (Belgium).
- June 2001: “The Other in Interpretation: From Theory to Practice” talk given at the annual conference of Petre Andrei University, Iasi (Romania). More information here.
- Does the UK still need a PM? 2nd December 2020
- Regent’s celebrates the launch of its new magazine The Scribe 10th July 2020
- The ethics of care 27th April 2020
- The selflessness of leaders 30th March 2020
- Being, from Heidegger to Tarkovsky 23rd March 2020
Agora antidote art Bach bloody book Corso Venezia Descartes earth ethical ethics exile Faith flamenco Frankenstein gift happiness heaven Heidegger hermeneutics identity index Jules Ferry jungle letter meaning memory Milan Nea Makri New York oblivion other mind Paris philosophy practice reform self sense of guilt soul spirit sunday sunset things thoughts travelogues