- 14 September 2021: The Apophatic approach of pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite – talk given at the Comparative Metaphysics conference, Cumberland Lodge, London (part of a long-term international project)
- PPE Speaker Series: Autumn 2020. This is a series of events aimed to highlight the interdisciplinary of our research and promote our new BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics & Economics programme. The events are led and moderated by the PPE course leader Dr Ana-Maria Pascal, and include discussions with experts from the world of business, ethics, and human rights.
- 11 March 2021: talk given at the Ethics and Philosophy in the 21st Century conference, Regent’s University London
- 12 September 2019: “Corporate responsibility and human rights in China: An investigation of reporting practices” (with Zhiwei Hu) – research paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Global Business and Human Rights Scholars Association, University of Essex
- 10 September 2019: “Government guidance and corporate disclosures on CSR in China” paper presented at the “Business Ethics and Human Rights, from Theory to Practice” workshop, organised and chaired by Ana-Maria Pascal. This workshop will address the question of what works, in practice, to increase corporate accountability and support for human rights.
Please click here to check the blog which discusses the event.
- 29 November 2018: “Business and human rights, from theory to practice: A philosophical look at the proposed UN Treaty” paper given at the Global Business and Human Rights research workshop, organized by the BHRights Initiative from Copenhagen Business School, at the OHCHR, Geneva. The event brought together EBEN members like Karin Buhmann, Aurora Voiculescu and Samantha Goethals, who shared their research findings on access to remedy and corporate human rights accountability. For a full agenda, please click here.
- 15 September 2018: “What next for Kiobel? Reflections on law and morality in contemporary discourse on business and human rights” paper given at the 4th Annual Conference of the Global and Human Rights Scholars Association at New York University Stern Center.
Click here for more information and details of the agenda. Click here for a post-conference commentary.
- 10 July 2017: “On Writing Books” – talk given at the annual Research Conference at Regent’s University London
- 16 June 2016: “On Integrity” talk given at the Values in Business workshop at Regent’s University London. More details about the event will be available soon.
- 29 February 2016: “Values in Theory and Practice” talk given at the Getting Values Across: Leadership in a Multicultural World seminar at Regent’s University London (UK). A transcript is available here.
- 1-3 October 2015: “Who cares whose Cars? Squaring the moral circle of business and human rights” paper given at the EBEN Research Conference 2015 – Philosophical Foundations of Business Ethics, Copenhagen (Denmark).
- 8-12 December 2014: “The Hunting Game in Hermeneutics: Memory and Desire in Interpretation” paper given at the fifth international conference of Phenomenological Organisations, Phenomenology and the Problem of Meaning in Human Life and History, Perth (Australia). More information here.
- 2 October 2010: Chair of the “Regimes of Liability” session at the AHRC Network meeting Holding Companies Accountable, Freie University, Berlin (Germany).
- 18 September 2009: “Corporate Criminal Liability in Romania” talk given at the international Network of Corporate Crime conference on European Developments in Corporate Criminal Liability, London.
- 18-19 October 2008, participation at the 5th Annual Oxford Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy.
- 30 May 2008: “Life-Long Learning” talk given at the European Council for Business Education’s annual conference, Bruges (Belgium).
- 9-11 November 2007, participation at the Institute for Human Sciences’ conference Conditions for International Solidarity, Vienna (Austria).
- 24-26 September 2007, participation at the Aesthetic Psychology and Philosophy conference, Department of Philosophy, Durham University (UK).
- 3 June 2005: “On the Notion of Purpose in our Professional Lives” talk given at the conference on Ethics and Integrity of Governance, Catholic University, Leuven (Belgium).
- June 2001: “The Other in Interpretation: From Theory to Practice” talk given at the annual conference of Petre Andrei University, Iasi (Romania). More information here.
- The sense of place and time 21st March 2023
- From Heidelberg to Vatican and Auschwitz: hermeneutical pathways 1st August 2022
- The relationship between Eudaimonia, pleasure and virtue, in Aristotle 18th March 2021
- Does the UK still need a PM? 2nd December 2020
- Regent’s celebrates the launch of its new magazine The Scribe 10th July 2020
Agora antidote Aristotle art Bach bloody book Corso Venezia Descartes earth ethical ethics exile Faith flamenco Frankenstein gift heaven Heidegger hermeneutics identity index Jules Ferry jungle letter meaning memory Milan Nea Makri New York oblivion other mind Paris philosophy practice reform self sense of guilt soul spirit sunday sunset things thoughts travelogues